By popular request (Jake) I am posting a tutorial on Minecraft map installation. To begin, download the map you would like to use. It should appear in your downloads folder, or your desktop depending on where you chose to download it to. Using windows "Run", go to the .minecraft folder via the %appdata% search. Go into the .minecraft folder and you should see things like bin, config, resources and (ta da) your saves folder. Go into this folder and you should see a bunch of folders with the names of the worlds you have created in Minecraft. Now you have to move the downloaded save into the saves folder and that should be about it. Where troubles will most likely arise, is when the download is not a normal folder. If it is a compressed folder(it will have a little zipper on the icon) or a 7zip folder, you'll have to extract it into the saves folder.
The best way to do this would be to move it to the saves folder anyways, and then extract it by right-clicking and then choosing the extract option(at which time you will get a confirmation window for moving the file)or by using 7zip. Jake, I think you have pretty good proficiency with 7zip and you could easily do it that way, but the other way works, too.
Hope this helped, and if you have any troubles, I could post a screenshot walkthrough.
Alex :)
I'm not sure I understand. :/ Do you have to have the full version of Minecraft?
ReplyDelete